Wednesday, December 3, 2014

T25 Quinoa Cakes



To be fair, I think they're actually called Quinoa Patties in the T25 book (which has mysteriously gone missing).  I just think that anytime you add the word cakes at the end of a food title, it makes it sound cuter and tastier.  So, in the name of all things cute and tasty, here is the recipe is for Quinoa Cakes.  

Quinoa Cakes

  • 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 4 tsp flax seed
  • sea salt and black pepper to taste
  • 1 large egg
  • non stick cooking spray
Combine cooked quinoa, bell pepper, flax seed, salt, pepper and one egg in a medium bowl and mix well.  Heat medium sized skillet to medium, spray with non stick spray. Form mixture into two balls, place in pan and flatten.  Cook cakes for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.  



*Note:  I did a lot of creative reworking of this recipe.  I figure if you have the quinoa and egg in there, you can pretty much toss anything random that you have in your fridge into the mix.  I happen to have some leftover shredded carrot and a half an onion; no red pepper to be found anywhere, even at the back of the bottom drawer.  The only flax seed I had in the house had dehydrated blueberries in it (even I draw the line at what I add to quinoa) so I went with some chia seeds. 



No comments:

Post a Comment